Punjabi Society is registered in 2013 with Registrar of Societies in Singapore. We have started enrollment of members. Mr Inderjit Singh- Member of Singapore Parliament is our advisor. Our Society aims to be different and have the following basic concepts to guide us in our growth and for making a significant contribution.
- BRIDGING THE ECONOMIC DIVIDE: With this aim in view, we plan to enroll members not only from the usual middle and upper strata of society but also from the lower income group without any payment.
- BRIDGING THE EMOTIONAL DIVIDE: We aim to achieve this through integration of members of different origins or even religions.
- GLOBAL OUTLOOK: We plan to be associate members of Global Punjabi Society as also International Punjabi Organization for wider recognition and benefit from their experience.
- The above activities are in addition to our normal mission of celebrating Punjabi festivals and promoting Punjabi culture.
- In due course, we intend to organize our society into various sub groups,
A = Senior citizens group.
B = Ladies wing
C = Youth wing
Each group could organize activities most suited to their needs but also of general interest to all.
- Gala Dinner and Entertainment: We intend to hold this at least once a year and make it a signature event of the society.
- Artists: We may invite artists/ performers and such events could be available to members at a discount while others may need to pay more.
- Festivals: We shall be celebrating Indian festivals.
- PICNIC: For full family gatherings, we intend to have one picnic a year.
All above activities shall be available to members and their families at a heavily discounted rate as we plan to meet our expenses and raise funds through advertisement and sponsorship